Meeting Minutes for November 17, 2015
Friends of the Chester Valley TrailNovember 17, 2015 7:03 to 8:42 pm West Whiteland Township Bldg. Presiding: Tim Lander Board members present: Mike Broennle, Bob Cochlin, Phil Hoke, Gail Lipstein and Steve Warren Representing Chester County: Park Superintendent Owen Prusack Others attending: Amanda Lozinak 1. Minutes
- Approved the September 17, 2015 minutes.
- Bob Cochlin reported a balance today of $19,979.14.
- Phase IV A: Current trail end near Wal-Mart to Oaklands Corporate Center: Preliminary design in progress. Funding is in place for construction.
- Rte. 100 Crossing: 1. An illustrated crossing guide map has been in place. 2. Funding is in place to construct a median island on the south side in 2016 in preparation for a crossing there. 3. A bridge is possible in the future. This in part may depend on the recommended route for the CVT Extension now under study.
- Elf vs. Reindeer Run, 12/5 in Exton will allocate part of proceeds towards a water site along the trail.
- National Trails Event in 2016: More planning meetings to be scheduled in the near future to develop program content and partners. Channel 3 has some interest in participating in some manner. CC Administration has approved the event & funding.
- Foundry Way Crossing: Owen requested $7500 for safety enhancements to the intersection including crossing striping and signage consistent with other non-signalized crossings on the trail. A 4 way stop is being discussed with O’Neill Properties and the Township. We requested a cost estimate of an 8-hour traffic study to support a 4 way stop.
- Cedar Knoll Deer Run trail connection: Work has been completed. Since the path slopes down to the trail warning of the intersection is needed.
- 202 Underpass: PennDOT now plans to paint the walls with anti-graffiti paint and to lay the wearing course of asphalt in spring 2016.
- E. Whiteland water fountain: Owen is meeting with the E. Whiteland Twp. Manager to discuss a water fountain at the Twp. building.
- Hazardous tree removal: Completed between Cedar Hollow Rd and N. Valley Rd on Oct 20.
- Rte. 29 ADA work: Completed on Nov 10 except for some signs that have been ordered.
- Ship Rd & Rte. 30 crossing signage: Additional crossing signage has been ordered: “Must push button.” Similar signs will be installed at other signalized crossings.
- Wayfinding signs: Tim reported a Chester County group met to develop uniform signs with a trail logo on 11/13. A consultant has been retained. The Circuit Trails logo will be used where appropriate.
- Ship Road crossing signals: An order was issued today for McCormick Taylor Associates to study and engineer enhanced lights for vehicle traffic and automatic signals for trail users.
- CVT Extension: Owen, Tim and Mike are members of the CC Planning Commission Study Committee tasked with recommending a preferred alignment between Exton and Downingtown by late 2016. An online citizen survey of current and potential future use is now available [through May 2016]:
- D’Ambrosia Park connection: An agreement between Tredyffrin Township and CC is in place. Clearing has begun. The construction timetable is not available.